Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Climb. A story about a story.

I went back to my parents' house yesterday. It helped with the inspiration for my story.  Parts of it take place in my hometown, and it was nice to go back and get that inspiration and to reminisce of sorts. I drove all the way to Twentynine Palms and back, which gave me ideas for later scenes, and even how I want my epilogue to turn out. The drive back down the hill at night was fuel for me to add to my prologue and to set up parts of the story.

I still need a beta reader and possibly a proof reader. That's a pretty big task, since I want to finish this first before I let other eyes read this. 

I read the version I had from when I was nineteen and oh my goodness it made me laugh so much. It was blatantly obvious who I was talking about character wise, and the plot was just so laughable.  I think this story will blow my original out of the water.

I hope to have another thousand or so words done today.  I would love having this out of the way before NaNoWriMo so I can once and for all get my other thriller out and on the screen.

Anyhoo, the title of this blog came from the amazing song by No Doubt. Amazing song by amazing band at an amazing show.  I might even make the title of my book Tragic Kingdom....well here's a live version of this song.  :)





1 comment: