Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bucket List

First of all, holy crap. It's been a while since I was on here. So much to tell you....in another post.
My post today was to discuss The Bucket List.  Not the movie, but what is actually on your Bucket List.  What you want to do before you die.
I wrote a list of things I  had wanted to do by the time I was 30.  I had only accomplished a  few of the items on my list, so I decided to turn it into my Bucket List.  I threw the list out on accident, so I'm gonna try and go over these by memory....or if they did happen, and there's a story to that, I'll try and tell it.

Run a Marathon

Yeah, that will probably never happen, but I wanted to get into good enough shape to run a marathon.  Disney has half marathons that they run in the parks, and it would be something fun, and even an excuse to try and do one at Disney World.

Stay at the Grand Californian

It used to be stay in the El Capitan Suite, at the grand.... but I found out that the room is mainly a parlor, and doesn't really have much sleeping space, but would make a good party room.
The Grand is a beautiful hotel, and the only Disneyland hotel I haven't stayed at. It's also the most expensive. One can hope.

Eat at Club 33

This one also didn't happen, but it does have a funny story attached to it.

My favorite land to work in, and even be in as a guest is New Orleans Square. The land is laid out into a series of doors and hallways. One wrong turn, and you ended up in a scene in Pirates.
I was working in a Christmas store, which had a stockroom upstairs. My lead had sent me to go get some merchandise to fill the shelves. I went up the stairs, and down a hallway. I found the stockroom, and was trying to remember how to get out.

I kept walking down the hallway, and I heard voices. I thought it was maybe some people on their break, it actually turned out to be the Club cast members setting up for the day. I got to sneak into the club, and see the setup for the night. I would love to actually eat at the club, but I'll settle for a good dinner at Steakhouse 55 or Napa Rose.

(To be Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment