Friday, February 10, 2012

Run Blonde, Run!


I've been hinting that I want to run in a half marathon, or even a full marathon. I think I'm just a glutton for punishment really.  I'm a recovering asthmatic.( I still get an occasional attack, but I haven't had a need for an inhaler in a long time) I have wonky knees.(Floating kneecaps anyone?) and I'm a smidge on the overweight side.

So I've been hitting the gym with a little bit more gusto than I have in the past. I've been spending more time on that blasted treadmill, and trying to get my mile down to under 15 minutes (this is walking mind you. I do try and run in intervals, but nothing too long) in an attempt to get into some form of shape.  I've also been swimming, and doing strength training. I've cut down on the fast food, eating healthier, and drinking less soda.(that's the hardest, really)

I'm posting this information, and all this junk because I've signed up to run in the Disneyland Half Marathon 5k.

I hope if I do well enough, and maybe continue on this fitness kick, I'll be crossing the line at the 2013 Tinkerbell Half!


Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment