Monday, February 13, 2012

Work is in the air...

Life can be so random.  I think we all know that, and it's true. I experienced this randomness first hand this last week.

I have been looking for jobs as either a massage therapist, or something clerical/customer service. I had become frustrated since most of the ads were either scams, or were very shady.  I got to the point where I was applying at Glen Ivy, and Burke Williams to maybe get an MT job in Orange County, or Los Angeles.

I saw an ad on Craigslist for an MT with a chiropractic office that wanted someone with experience. I figured "what the hey" and applied.

That morning, I went out with my mom in law and her boss out to go shopping, and spend some quality time together. On the way to meet them, I get a phone call and email from this office to set up an interview. 

I was hesitant about taking the interview, since I had been burned by others, and I was sure to be disappointed by this one, but something told me to try it. So, I did.

The interview was about 5 minutes, and thankfully my mom in law understood. When I got to the office, they were interviewing another MT, but you really couldnt tell, since she was in a t-shirt and jeans.

Rant ahead...

Seriously, you're going to an interview.  I don't care what you're doing, unless it's for working at a denim facotry, you NEVER wear jeans to an interview!!  Very unprofessional. I  mean you can wear a t-shirt if it's clean, and some black pants, or kakhi's or something, but never jeans.  For the record, I wore a blue t-shirt, black scrub pants and tennis shoes, ie the massage therapist's professional outfit.

Rant over....


I heard the tail end of their questioning, and it wasn't good.

So, after the first few questions, it seemed like they wanted to hire me, since have experience, availability, and a good attitude, and I looked professional. :)  I just had to do a practical on Saturday.


Funny story about that too.  I was scheduled at 9:45 for my pratical.  I arrive at 9;30, ready to go when he tells me that the office should have called, and that he was booked, and couldn't do the practical after all, but I got the job!!!


So, I work with n2health, and also with the mobile company to do my outcall work.  I also work for myself, and do my private clients.  This better keep me busy, right?! 

Still gym'n it too!  I'll sleep when I'm dead!!

No comments:

Post a Comment