Friday, May 11, 2012

One Year Later

It's been one year since well I guess you could have called her my Best Friend Stephanie passed away.

I wish she was here to sneer about the Kings being in the Conference Finals, or throwing me the Hangover-style bachelorette party we were talking about. She would also be laughing that FiFi is an Islander, and doing VERY well out there.

She would probably be reading the 50 shades series, and thinking she could write better.

A few days after she passed on, I went to Disneyland, a place that was sacred to both of us, and went to her favorite attraction, Tom Sawyer's Island.  When i got off the boat, a Duck all of a sudden decided to try and land on me. The Cast Member at the dock, and the guests around me could not believe what they saw.  I was shaken, but I had wanted to continue on exploring.

I explored the whole island, and I admit, I got lost a couple of times. It was so much fun, and something I wish we had done more often.

There was a graveyard on the island, or it's supposed to be one. I drew her name, and to rest in peace in the area over there.  I had felt so peaceful after I did that, like I was supposed to have done it.

Trader Sam's wasn't open at the time, but when I got back to my apartment, I had a Washington Apple, the drink we had in Vegas when I got wasted out there last time.

I miss this woman so much. She never got to meet my husband, but I'm sure she would have liked him. She truly was my best friend, and the one person I could talk to about anything.

I look forward to the day when I can see her again.





No comments:

Post a Comment