Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Death is not meant for the living....

The title was quoted to me from a co-worker the other day.

As stated in my last post, my best friend passed away about a year ago now. This last Sunday would have been her birthday. Last year on that date, Myself, along with her two other good friends met up for drinks and to reminisce.

 This year, said friends were doing life affirming things like looking at housing with their spouse, or losing weight to not fall into the same predicament our friend was in.

 I had spent it alone for the most part, in my own mourning.


I found out last Tuesday that my beloved great-uncle passed away. It's still a sore subject for me.

He moved up to my hometown when I was about 7 or 8, and was always there for me. if I had to be picked up from school, he would come in his red Jeep, with his dog in the passenger seat.  He would always have Ding Dongs in his fridge, even after being diagnosed as a diabetic.

He lived alone, and liked it that way. When I grew up, I would try and see him at least every two weeks. After his sister, my grandmother died, I made more of an effort.

I got one last picture with him back in December. I might not look the greatest, but I am so happy have this memory.

I love you Uncle Robert, and I'm going to miss you. A lot!!


No comments:

Post a Comment